NJEA Top Exec Retires

Vince Giordano, Executive Director of NJEA, is retiring after this year’s gubernatorial and legislative elections to spend more time with his family. From NJ Spotlight:
“It just does not seem possible to me that so much time has passed since I began my career at NJEA,” Giordano wrote in the email. “I have relished my time working at this amazing organization. For me, working at NJEA has always been a labor of love – I have enjoyed working with the best staff in the nation and, I have cherished my engagement with the wonderful leaders and members with whom I have come in contact over the years.”
No doubt it’s been a labor of love,  but it’s also been a labor well-compensated. Giordano made a base salary of $325,000 per year in 2011. That’s two and a half times more than NJ Education Commissioner Chris Cerf  and far more than the most hard-working NJ superintendent.

Labels: ,