Quote of the Day


Today’s NJ Spotlight quotes Gov. Christie on prospects for approval of the dueling bills for tenure reform, especially in light of unexpected postponements of education committee meetings in both the Assembly and the Senate. Senator Teresa’s bill has some real teeth, although it’s decayed a bit over the last months. Assembly Diegnan’s bill is a regurgitation of the proposal issued by NJEA, i.e., afflicted with cavities and gingivitis. Anyway, here’s our fair Governor
“I will tell you one thing, a lot of discussion is going on in Trenton,” Christie said at a town hall meeting in Freehold. “And I want to make one thing very clear to the legislature: Do not send me watered-down, BS tenure reform. If you send me weak tenure reform, I will veto it and send it right back to you.”
For background, see my post last week at WHYY's Newsworks.

Labels: ,