Lucille the Apothecary

The Record has come out hard against Corzine’s party favors to good pals, specifically Davy’s appointment to the Pharmacy Board, which will secure her government pension after she shows up for meetings once a month for three years. (The editorial also notes Corzine’s appointment of ex-Labor Commissioner and non-therapist David Socolow, the newest member of the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners, who will also qualify for a pension in three years.)

Davy’s response: "I didn't ask to be placed on that particular board. My assumption is that the governor appointed me because he knows the work ethic I bring to what I do and the critical thinking and other skills." Meanwhile, Gov. Christie is vowing to slash state Boards stacked with political appointees waiting to collect on the public’s largesse.

Labels: , ,